Intelectual Property and New Technologies
This Department was created at the request of our clients as a complement to our services. This unit provides all kinds of assistance in the industrial and intellectual property area, thanks to the strategic alliance with the specialized Firm Bolet & Terrero, including:
- Works registration processing with the National Copyright Office
- Contracts of license and assignment of trademarks, patents and copyrights
- Conduct due diligence in the intellectual property area
- Protection and defense of our clients in case of violations of their intellectual assets, not only at an administrative level but also at a judicial level. The Intellectual Property Department has handled integral cases of industrial and intellectual property, at an administrative and judicial level, consolidating its multidisciplinary experience over the years
- Registration and monitoring of trademarks and patents, from the filing of the application until the obtaining of the final registration; also, post-registration monitoring and follow-up
- Review and creation of strategies for the adequate and optimal protection of industrial property assets
In the area of new technologies, the Firm has understood that the legal framework regulating them has a direct and immediate impact on some of the most important activities carried out by companies. In this regard, professionals in this area have significantly contributed to the formulation of legislation and public policies that promote and regulate the technological matter, additionally providing legal support to corporations in the supply of goods and services of the technological sector. This has made the Firm a pioneer in the area of new technologies in Venezuela providing integral services to respond to the demands of technological convergence. The Department’s expertise includes: Licensing, Domain Names, Electronic Contracting, Web Pages, Data Privacy and e-Government, among other matters.
In the field of telecommunications, the lawyers of Araque Reyna Sosa Viso & Asociados have represented the main telecommunications companies in the country and provided them with services of consulting, procedures, negotiations and administrative appeals, which has allowed them to develop a strong practice in the matter.
The integral capacity to satisfy the clients’ traditional needs and provide them with personalized assistance, complementing it with other areas of practice of the Firm, represent an important added value of the services provided by this Department.